Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chilean food and Dutch apple pie

Last year, in October, the weather was still warm and I decided to prepare a Chilean meal and a Dutch apple pie for dessert. I learned to make "Chilean empanadas" (meat pies) and "pastel de choclo" (it's a kind of corn pie) watching my mother make them. The Dutch apple pie  (appel taart) I learned to make it watching my mother in-law, who is Dutch. It's funny, but these meals describe very well who I'm: a combination of many nationalities.
Hope you enyoy this meal too!

1 comments:

Patricio Villalobos R. said...

hi Monica, i always follow your blog, and i have learned very much, i am from Chile and i am very surprised that you know Chilean food, personally i love El Pastel de Choclo, and my wife cooks it excelent jejejeje... well, thank you very much for your class. A big hug. Patricio Villalobos R.

Related posts